Sunday, May 1, 2011

FAMILY REUNION is also a Summer Thing

the Belencio- Cataluña Siblings & Mama Elena

                     
Mama Elena at 94 (great grandma)
As Pinoys are known to be family-oriented, just in time for the Summer Heat, bunch of Family Reunions are being held across the country. In other words, this activity has also become a summer fad. A big factor for this to be realized mostly during this time is the break from school. I guess majority of the participants are children or those who are attending school. Not to mention, the main "pambatos" of every family to present an intermission number are their talented children. Been there, done that... I swear...

This is the First of the 10 Families of the Clan, Biñas- Cataluña (some were not around but, I guess, a huge family than what's seen in this photo)

Anyway, we just attended a family reunion today and I should say it was tiring but fun. I got the chance to meet my far far relatives from a far far away land. The line, "You bumped into each other, and you don't even know you're related",  has been abused today. Never even thought that my grandma's siblings are all alive and that one did not marry at all (",). Well, that's the price of being an inactive relative. Pardon me for that. 


I'm proud of my great grandma because she was able to raise such a big family. Though, I was waiting for the family names of Ayala, Tan, Cojuanco, or Sy to be mentioned. I was hoping we are related, but unfortunately, there's no single drop of blood that we have connections. LOL. (",) Just a joke... This thought kept on running in my mind when they were narrating our family history. The reason why I was smiling then...

2 comments:

Xprosaic said...

Nice!

Jepoy Pellazo said...

@Xprosaic, thanks! Mag-reunion na din tayo apat, dali... LOL (",)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Room for Sunshine!!!

BigFitness.net Fitness Equipment Store